A. Definition of Spoof Text
Spoof is a text which tells factual story, happened in the past time with unpredictable and funny ending.
B. Social funcion
Its social function to share with others a real story of
which the ending is funny to amuse the
audience or readers.
C. Generic Structure of Spoof
1. Orientation (introduction of the participant of the story , where it happen and when. By giving the orientation, reader will recognize the story)
2. Events (tells about the chronological of the story. Several events are explored in chronological way which able to arrange the story read nicely.)
3. Twist (an unpredictable plot in the end of the story which amuse the reader. Readers even did not predict before that it would be)
D. Language Feature of Spoof
1. Focusing on people, animals or certain things
2. Using action verb; ate, ran, etc
3. Using adverb of time and place
4. Told in chronological order.
E. Example of Spoof Text
Goat Jumping into a deep Hole
Two men were walking through the woods and come across a very big deep hole. “Wow…that looks deep.” One replied,”Sure does… toss a few pebbles in there and we will see how deep this hole is.” Then they pick up a few pebbles and throw them in and wait… no noise “Geeez. That is really deep… here.. throw one of these great big rocks down there. Those should make a noise.” After that, they pick up a couple football-sized rocks and toss them into the hole and wait… and wait. but no noise they heard.
Wow.. They were really impressed with how deep hole it was. They look at each other in amazement. One gets a determined look on his face and says, “Hey…over here in the weeds, there’s a railroad tie. Help me carry it over here. When we toss that sucker in this hole, it’s must make some noise.”
The two men drag the heavy tie over to the hole and heave it in. But, not a sound comes from the hole. Suddenly, out of the nearby woods, a goat appears, running like the wind. It rushes toward the two men, then right past them, running as fast as its legs will carry it. Suddenly it leaps in the air and into the hole. The goat disappeared into the deep hole.
The two men are astonished with what they’ve just seen. How could a goat jump into the hole? Then, not long after that, out of the woods comes a farmer. He seemed to seek something and asked to the two men, “Hey two guys… have you seen my goat out here?”
Feeling amazing with what they saw of a goat jumping to the hole, they answer straightly,”You bet we did! Craziest thing I’ve ever seen! A goat came running like crazy and just jumped into this hole!”
The farmer thought a moment and said, “That could not have been my goat. Because my goat was chained to a railroad tie.” Then he left the two men.